- My younger sister's school swept the awards for their division. HUZZAH (and, P.S., why does Laura always have to be cooler than me?)! And I forgot to take pictures. DANG! But those lines were straight, those toes were high, those flanks were sharp, those flags were in sync, those crescendos were effective, and everyone there was in awe. The pictures here are of a different school with the same colors - same dif, right?
- Some schools choose themes for their shows. One school: Braveheart. So awesome, is all I have to say. Besides the fact that one of the colorguard pretended to die and was carried off the field by a male member of the colorguard, who then charged back onto the field with his wooden sword to avenge her wrongs.
- Another school's theme: The Island. The colorguard were dressed like savages. And acted like it. Lord of the Flies, anyone?
- I believe that it is illegal, in the state of Utah, to march with a bassoon. Tragedy of my life. However, some schools find ways to get around that (yes, this picture was taken through the lens of some binoculars. I've got mad skillz).
- I saw a baritone bite the dust...grass. I felt vindicated. Those things are HEAVY and your center of mass is not where it normally is.
- All of my siblings were there and it was a blast.
*the bands pictured are not necessarily the ones mentioned.