Monday, March 3, 2014

Today

Today could have been one of those days. But it wasn't, which makes me happy.
Lydia screamed and cried about me handing her the breakfast she requested. The whole morning went down the tubes from that point on. After such an illustrious beginning, I anticipated her doctor's appointment being a nightmare, with more weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. But as soon as we dropped her brother off at the neighbor's house, Lydia regained her composure. The drive to the pediatrician's office was pleasant as we talked about what might happen there. Ever the chatterbox, Lydia enjoyed asking the nurses about every detail of their work. And after her painful shots ("Mama, that really hurt my legs!") a new book was just the ticket to return a smile to her face.
The rest of the day went smoothly, with no fits or tantrums, 3 naps for 3 tired people, and a lovely dinner followed by FHE with friends. I am so grateful that we made it through.

3 comments:

Mom Walton said...

Glad the rest of the day went well. I can't believe she is old enough for those "kindergarten" immunizations. I realize that Audrey had hers a while ago also--if you remember the sad story of her fainting. Glad Lydia did not have that reaction.

Unknown said...

Yay!! One day at a time

Linda said...

I laugh every time I read that part about Lydia screaming when you give her the breakfast she asked for