Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chemo and Kidlums



I started chemo yesterday. That just got real.
So far, I'm feeling okay. They gave me some steroids that gave me some energy yesterday, so after chemo, I cleaned my house. Somehow, that wasn't what I expected. In the evening, some queasiness and fatigue set in, but nothing like what I experienced in the first few days of radiation. They (doctors, nurses, the internet, random cancer books, etc.) say that the worst nausea happens 2 or 3 days after chemo. Clearly, I'm excited for the next few days...

But my kids are cute. These pictures were taken back during radiation, before I lost my hair, just in case you're wondering...
 
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

Love the pic of you and Rafe. So classic. So cute. Super excited to finally meet that little guy in a few months!

Dad Walton said...

That is a classic pic of you and Rafe. Did Adam take it? The kids are even cuter in person. Glad we can be here for a few days.

Rachel said...

You're amazing. And the picture of you and Rafe is adorable. The other pictures are pretty great too.

brittney perry said...

I was going to comment about that sliding door picture too! Whatever. Still going to. It's especially sweet.

Josie said...

Your kids ARE cute. And Lydia looks like she has enough beautiful hair for the two of you... at least for now. I am so enjoying stalking on your blog. Love you!!

Jamie said...

That's a cute little dino shirt on Rafe! And of course I'm still obsessed with Lydia. And of course you are lovely, my dear :)

Mom Walton said...

I love these pictures and look at them several times a day. They always make me smile. Love you and hope you are starting to feel better.

Lauran and Dustin said...

Just wanted to say that I love this. Love it so much. Are you coming to Utah soon?

Lauran and Dustin said...

Hey you :) just wondering how this week has been going. Been thinking of you and praying for you. Thanks for being so awesome--hang in there, and love you!