Monday, June 18, 2012

Lydia in NYC


Lydia has been a little trooper with all the changes we have thrown her way the past few months. She's still pretty cheery (as long as she's been fed and had some good sleep recently). She loves Baby Rafe (but doesn't talk to him - she asks me to tell him things), loves that she is a "Big Sister," loves our new house, and loves the subway (despite the fact that we all nearly died the first time I brought her along. Note to self: Lydia  will not even consider stepping over that gap). Recently she has been loving her baby doll and enjoying making meals with her play food. She has also started to refer to herself as I and me (instead of exclusively using the second person), which is cute and fun and exciting but really sad too. She hates getting her hair done, and when Mom helps her do anything. Our apartment in New York is particularly exciting for her because she can: open the front door, open the fridge, play with the knobs on the stove, lock her door, turn on and off the lights, and get the intercom cord around her neck (I'm sure I'm forgetting something). We clearly love that she can do all these things... Happy half-birthday Lyds (last week)!

4 comments:

Katie said...

She is getting so big (and quite accomplished!) and darling as always. Good to hear about your adventures in New York!

Mom Walton said...

She is so adorable. I love talking with her.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute! I can't look at her without smiling from ear to ear. She looks so happy and SO much like her parents. Keep posting!
Rachel

Kimberly said...

So cute! I love that she has you tell baby Rafe things for her :) I loved the picture of him with all of the toys Lidya wanted to give him. She is such a good big sister!