Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Li'l Bro

It was a rite of passage. The atmosphere was tense as, surrounded by his closest friends and many relatives, Li'l Bro slit open the envelope. He was nearly shaking with the anticipation of it all. Guesses had been made, all that remained to reveal his fate was to read the second line of that important letter.Dear Steven,

Blah blah blah blah, blahbitty blah blah blabo. Bloh blah blub, blaihb blah blah, blah blah Bloub blah blat blad blaith blah blah blahblahblah. Blah Blah Philadelphia, Pennsylvania mission. blah blah bolahb June 3rd, 2009.
HUZZAH!!! And who even cares what the rest of the letter says?

Congratulations, Steven!I'll miss you like crazy, especially since you're one of my closest friends. I never thought we'd be this close - when we were kids we were always the ones fighting like cats and dogs. But we've both grown up, and you've turned into a smart, dashing, insightful, thoughtful, stylin', brown-loving, spiritual, funny, curious (oh wait, you've always been like that - we even have a book about it), interesting, handsome and downright cool little brother. I'm glad I know you and I know you'll be an amazing missionary.P.S. Does anyone remember the Strongbad email about Little Brudder? Calling Steven Li'l Bro has always reminded me of that. Not that he doesn't have all his legs or anything.

3 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

Have you informed him that has to be one of the coolest missions out there? (We reside within those mission boundaries.) :)

Becca said...

YAY FOR PHILLY!! Uhm, when does he report? We must have him over for dinner :)

email me - beccatjohnson at gmail

Becca said...

oh, haha - I was so preoccupied with the blah blahs and the philadelphia, pa that I missed the june 3rd :)